Stage 1 Drought Notice in effect for Artesia Residents Only
For Emergencies contact:
- Savannah: Mustang S.U.D. at 940-440-9561
- Artesia: Arcadia Water at 214-773-6013
- Arrowbrooke: Mustang S.U.D. at 940-440-9561
District #10 Water Rates effective December 2019
|Gallons Used||Up to 5,000||Over 5,000 up to 10,000||Over 10,000|
|Water||Arrowbrooke/Savannah-$24.50 Artesia-$22.77||Arrowbrooke/Savannah-$24.50 Artesia-$22.77||Arrowbrooke/Savannah-$24.50 Artesia-$22.77|
|Water Use||$3.00/1,000 gal.||$4.00/1,000 gal.||$5.00/1,000 gal.|
|Included in base||Included in base||Included in base|
RELATED STORIES:Stage 2 Drought Notice for Artesia Only
The Board of Directors of your District has adopted a Drought Contingency Plan (“Plan”). The Board took such action to comply with the Texas Water Code and applicable rules of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
The Plan was adopted to help assure reliability of water service to the District’s retail customers; conserve the available water supply in times of drought and emergency; maintain adequate water supplies for domestic use, sanitation and fire protection; protect and preserve public health, welfare and safety; minimize the adverse impacts of water supply shortages; and minimize the adverse impacts of emergency conditions affecting water supply.
A copy of the the Drought Contingency Plan can be downloaded from this link: Download Here
The Plan establishes rules and regulations for institution of various stages and levels of water conservation and restrictions on water usage during certainperiods of drought or water emergencies. The District has initiated Stage 2 –
Water Wise of the Drought Contingency Plan for only Artesia Nieghborhood. Savannah and Arrowbrook nieghborhoods are not under any stages of the Drought Contingency Plan.
This requires the following:
- Reduction of water use through maximum 2-days per-week landscape irrigation schedule. This provision is mandatory for automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers. Irrigation of landscaped areas and building foundations is permitted at any time if it is by means of a hand-held hose, drip irrigation or soaker hose systems.
- Reduction of water use through time-of-day landscape irrigation schedule. No outdoor watering with automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers can occur from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Customers with street addresses ending in even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6, 8) may irrigate on Sunday and Thursday. Customers with street addresses ending in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) may irrigate on Saturday and Wednesday. Any property 1) owned by the applicable Homeowner’s Association or 2) deemed a common area or open space of the District may irrigate on Tuesday and Friday. Irrigation of landscaped areas and building foundations is permitted at any time if it is by means of a hand-held hose, drip irrigation or soaker hose systems.
- Prohibit recreational water use (water used for leisure and entertainment purposes) including use of faucets or hoses in such a manner that creates runoff or other wastes.
- Please restrain from non-essential uses of water including:
- * Using water to wash vehicles, boats, trailers, etc.
- * Using water to wash sidewalks, walkways, driveways, etc.
- * Using water to flush gutters.
We ask your support of and compliance with this effort. Failure to adhere to said rules and regulations regarding water usage can result in suspension of service, reconnection fees, disconnection of irrigation systems, monetary penalties, citations and fees. Monetary penalties for violations of the regulations may be imposed in amounts up to Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) per violation.
Please help us during this time to ensure we are conserving our water supply.