Working as a member of Denton County Water District Police Department means you will be part of a remarkable team that is supported by the communities we serve. Along with being part of a police department that has an outstanding relationship between the police and the community , you will be rewarded with job security, great pay, and excellent benefits.
A career with Denton County Water District Police Department offers security. The communities we serve are committed to maintaining a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Competitive Salary with lateral entry plan. ($61,800 - $76,000 depending on experience, with top out police officer salary of $76,000). Raises are on a STEP Plan.
- 12 hr shifts, every other weekend off.
- Ten (10) paid holidays each year
- Earn Comp Time, up to 48 hrs.
- Personal Time Off (PTO) earned per month: Used either as sick or vacation leave
- 1-4 year employee – Earn 6.92 hrs per pay period with 180 hr cap.
- 5-9 year employee – Earn 8.46 hrs per pay period with 220 hr cap.
- 10 year-and over employee – Earn 10 hrs per pay period with 260 hr cap.
- Bi-weekly pay schedule, equating to 26 pay periods a year.
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield Health Insurance. $3000 individual deductible, $9000 family deductible. Pays 100% of costs for in-network after deductible is met. Monthly Costs: Employee Only $102.77, Employee Spouse/Employee Child $205.53 and Employee Family $308.29
- Unum Dental Insurance.
- Voluntary Unum Vision Insurance.
- HSA Medical Account – District contributes $1000.00 yearly.
- Life insurance equal to one year’s salary.
- Texas County & District Retirement plan, 7% employee contribution at 2 to 1 match from the District with 7% return. (Five-year vesting, twenty-year retirement).
- Voluntary employee 457 additional retirement participation.
- Longevity pay, $5.00 for each month of service, beginning the second full month of service paid in lump sum yearly.
- Paid career development training.
- Monthly incentive pays offered: TCOLE Licenses (Intermediate $25.00, Advance $50.00 & Master $100.00). Education Pay of $100.00 for Bachelor or Master’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Furnished uniforms, rain gear, winter gear, duty leather gear & equipment, ballistic vest, qualification and duty ammunition.
- Issued Springfield Armory’s Saint patrol rifles with optics.
- DCWDPD allows employees to carry personal owned handguns for duty weapons that are within DCWDPD policies and approved by Chief of Police OR DCWDPD will furnish a Springfield Armory XD 9 mm duty weapon.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND be 21 years of age and have a clear criminal record. Must pass background investigation, a medical, psychological, and polygraph examination, and final interview with the Chief of Police. College course credits towards a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business or Public Administration are preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Must possess current Peace Officers License from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE), and must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Denton County Freshwater Supply District #10 Peace Officer Employment Application