Criminal Investigations Division
The Criminal Investigations Division has the responsibility of investigating all criminal acts committed within the boundaries of Denton County Freshwater Supply District #10. Each of our detectives receive specialized training and have the experience and expertise to investigate any type of crime. Detectives investigate and follow-up on leads, develop suspects, execute search and arrest warrants, coordinate with other law enforcement agencies, and file appropriate charges with District Attorney for prosecution.
Typical duties for Police Detectives include:
- Contacting and interviewing complainants and witnesses on assigned cases.
- Determining the identity of criminal suspects.
- Preparing probable cause affidavits for arrest and search warrants.
- Executing arrest and search warrants for offenders when possible.
- Preparing case reports for the District Attorney’s office.
- Testifying before Grand Jury's and Criminal Courts of Law.
- Locating and returning stolen property
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies when required.
- Assisting crime victims with understanding the judicial process.